Thursday, October 1, 2009

BLog Post #6


I have recently started focusing my photography on food. A couple weeks ago I worked on a Rocco Dispirito cookbook shoot with the photographer Kritsada Panichgul (www.kritsada.com). Kritsada is an immensely talented photographer and it was a wonderful experience learning from him and also working with Rocco. The experience has pushed me in this new direction as an aspiring food photographer.

This is an image of an openfaced sandwich I made for breakfast. It is my version of an Argentine classic, the choripan, converted into a breakfast sandwich. From bottom up there is a toasted piece of bread, grilled lettuce and onion, sliced tomato, chorizo, over-easy egg, drizzled with some chimichurri. It encompasses most of the things I love about food.

Being raised in an Argentine family, I developed a love for simple food that aims to highlight the natural flavors of quality ingredients. What puts this over the top for me is the over easy egg. A runny egg yoke might be my favorite breakfast item, I even like it more than bacon.

This is an image with personal value to me. It illustrates the foods I love while also illuminating my heritage and demonstrating how that heritage influences my creative ideas into the future.

Buen provecho.





--

9 comments:

  1. Wow man, I really like the this shot. Most shots only have an effect on one sense, vision. But this shot excites both my eyes and my mouth. As my eyes follow the knife I see the yoke dripping down the side of the sandwich, and my mouth can't do anything else but fill up with siliva. It's amazing how a picture can have that effect. I think shooting food is a great direction... now I'm realy craving a breakfast sandwich.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with Benji... my mouth is dripping right now!!
    Great pic Jona!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to agree with the previous post. This make me hungry. The picture does look like you want to stick that sandwich in your mouth. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. BTW, where did you get chimichurri?????

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jonathan, great pictures!! Keep up the good work! Love you, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Nono!
    Yum!
    And what a beautiful photograph and deliciously descriptive caption. And you made it. Congrats.
    I want to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  7. khúc xạ kế của TKTech cho dải đo rộng
    nhiệt kế tự ghi với dải đo rộng
    Máy đo độ ồn Hioki FT3432
    súng đo nhiệt độ cơ thể hồng ngoại không tiếp xúc
    Máy đo nhiệt độ độ ẩm Fluke 971 chuyên đo kiểm tra điện trở không tiếp xúc
    máy đo tốc độ gió kiểm tra và tốc độ của gió với độ chính xác cao
    thiết bị đo phân phối thiết bị đo chính hãng

    ReplyDelete
  8. Máy đo độ cứng bê tông cốt thép
    Máy đo tốc độ gió Tenmars chuyên đo tốc độ gió, không khí
    Máy đo thứ tự pha dòng điện 2 pha, 3 pha
    Máy đo điện trở đất cách điện, hệ thống tiếp địa
    máy dò khí Senko sử dụng để kiểm tra khí gas rò rỉ
    Ampe kìm AC Fluke 355 True RMS
    nghe thuyết pháp thầy Thích Chân Quang

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo

Jonathan Meter is a freelance photographer and artist with a keen insight into the human spirit and a unique perspective on the world around him. Jonathan’s vision allows him to see the potential in the mundane and elicit beauty, movement and life from the unexpected. The abstract images Jonathan creates illustrate the integration of music into his work, as he uses rhythm and melody to channel the essence of an object and capture its energy in a still image. Through his photographic art, Jonathan tells his own story, conveying his creative ideas and understanding of the world through the use of color, light and rhythm.

Jonathan’s work is driven by his passion for illuminating his subjects’ past, present and future in a single image. His open mind and natural thoughtfulness allow him to evoke his subjects’ genuine emotions and essential personalities in both posed and candid shots. Fascinated by the relationship between photographer and subject, Jonathan seeks to capture his subjects in the context of their life history, and thereby communicate that history to others through his work. Jonathan grew up in Philadelphia, PA and currently lives in New York City.